One of my activities during holiday are going to Bukit Bakar just a few km from my village. Came here with my nephew, I was so surprised that so many people are visiting this Bukit Bakar. I think this Bukit Bakar need some development to cater all visitors. So sad, that this place is only known by the local people. Some promotions also need to be done to promote this beautiful place.
Monday, November 22, 2010
As usual year Aidiladha 2010 was celebrating with meaningful...most of the villagers were doing korban. This year more than 20 cows were slaughtered for Aidiladha festival. One of them is my grandmother who doing korban every year. She also has sponsor 1 part of 7 to do akikah for my late baby. tq very much for your kindness...akikah usually was done to celebrate the incoming newborn in our society. Usually it can be done together with bercukur ceremony (see my last post). Here I attach some of the korban/akikah activities in my village.
Thursday, November 11, 2010
4 strings petai (peeled)
1 tablespoon oister saurce
2 tablespoons tomato sauce
4 lime leaves
1 large onion (sliced)
2 stalks lemon grass (bruised)
sugar, salt to taste
6 cloves garlic
8 dried chilies
2cm piece dried shrimp paste
2cm piece young ginger
- Melt the butter and fry the prawns in batches till half-cooked. Remove and set aside.
- Re-heat the butter, then stir-fry the ground ingredients till the aroma arise.
- Add the sugar, salt, lime leaves tomato sauce, oyster sauce, lemon grass and water.
- Stir till boiling, put in petai, sliced onions and prawns.
- Mix well till the prawns are completely cooked.
- Serve immediately.